AddThis

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

WHERE IS YOUR TOOLBOX?


Before Mother Nature decided to regress to winter, my mother and I decided it would be a great idea to landscape the front of her Salon. I have grown up with my own version of Steele Magnolias minus the 'bashful and blush" color scheme. Her customers are delightful, informative, and quite helpful when it comes to landscaping suggestions. Looking back, I wish I had taken their advice to start small. Instead, we dove into a huge project.

Our bodies have ached, our fingers blistered, and our hearts filled with laughter as we attempted to become human tillers. Manipulating the ground has been an adventure in snail relocation, earthworm mutilation (sorry), and fire ant hill destruction. Please do not think me a violent person. We intended no harm for the sake of esthetics.

Three-fourths finished with our back-breaking tilling routine, the idea of fixing our mechanical tiller came to our supervisors mind (aka my father). One of our handiest family members was in earshot of the suggestion. She became intrigued by the challenge and barreled off to retrieve the tiller from its resting place. As she tinkered with her new toy, I overheard a faint swear, "Heck, I knew I should have put my toolbox in my car." In that moment, my back knew the afternoon of chopping soil would commence. The tiller was put away until she would be able to get the proper tool. (A hexagon screwdriver, by the way!)

For Christmas my mom got a really cute red metal toolbox; complete with shiny new tools. However, toolboxes come in all shapes and sizes. Remember the Caboodles of the '80s/90s? My first was purple; before maturing to a box shaped rust colored design. Now, each day I reach into my Rodan and Fields dermatological toolbox to equip my skin with the proper anti-aging solutions. In addition to my daily cleansing routine, in the evenings I use our REDEFINE AMP MD System which includes our AMP MD Micro-Exfoliating Roller and the Night Renewing Serum to restore firmness.  On Sundays, I switch to our REDEFINE Macro-Exfoliating System to achieve a radiant glow by removing 5M dead skin cells in five minutes. It is a once a week in home, hand held exfoliating system that will change your skin and possibly your life!

Where is your toolbox? Does it have the right tools? If not, I am here to help! Contact me, today.


 




Make A Great Individual Choice
Contact Me
Follow Me

brooks.myrandf.com